Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Todays Motivation

Slices of French BreadImage via Wikipedia
I am definitely on the downward slope of this cold. The great news is I did gain some weight back. Wait, how is that great news? Well from how I have been eating, (basically anything I wanted), and how I have been exercising, (none at all, laying in bed or on the couch all day). I only gained.... 1 pound!!!

That is fantastic. I was 257 before I got sick and this morning I weighed myself and I was 258.4. So that is wonderful.

That means that my metabolism was probably sped up to fight off the cold and it burned more. According to the bodybugg it was not that much higher. When I said I ate anything. I ate thick cream soups, lots of bread and butter, white rice and more. I think maybe my body burned that food right up.

 I was almost sure I would have gained 5 pounds or more the way I was eating. This is a setback but not really because once I start feeling 100% I will start exercising and will get right back on the trail. I can deal with 1 pound, 10 would have been tough but 1 is nothing. Very excited!

I will probably not run today I may go for a short walk on the treadmill just to get my steps in. I am still kind of weak and dizzy. I may wait 1 more day before anything resembling a workout.

Yes Bob! I am ready :D

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi, Joe! I'm glad you're on the mend and that your healthier metabolism has helped keep your weight down during this tough time! I definitely feel ya when you talk about being sidelined by illness or injury. It's getting back up again that's tough! It's like you said, though--just keep moving, even when you have negative motivation! Fake it til you make it! ;) I had a minor setback this past weekend because I celebrated my 34th birthday with my annual potluck party. My friends are all wonderful cooks. I still climbed onto that treadmill every day, though, even if just for a half hour for a slow two-mile walk. I picked up a few pounds, but I think that's from all the salty chips I ate during a face-first dive into one friend's Mexican dip. Good stuff, but I'm glad it's only a once-a-year event. Anyway, I recovered the day after, on Sunday, which was my actual birthday, by running 4 miles. I feel great! I hope you're on your way back to great, too!

Joe said...

Wow Julie! Happy Birthday!

I am so glad that you found the energy to keep on keepin' on! Thar is fantastic news. I am still kinda weak today but I can feel that I am getting better. Overall I am just happy that I did not gain so much while eating all that sick person comfort food. Sounds like you got through your event too. Thats great!
Hmmmm that mexican dip sounds good. One benefit being so sick is I have no taste buds :) which means plain rice tastes the same as spicy rice.

Thanks a ton for checking in. I REALLY appreciate it.