Sunday, July 25, 2010

New jogging record!

Dog running on the wet sand during an ultra-lo...Image by mikebaird via Flickr
I did 3.65 miles (5.87km) in 61 minutes which is the longest distance I have gone. The best news is I broke my old 5k record. I did it in 52 minutes my old record was 58 minutes beating it by 6 minutes. I walked on the treadmill at a 4 degree incline and 3.2 speed. When I felt like it I sprinted at 6 mph for 1-2 minutes then went back to 3.2. Just those few sprints (like 3-4) got me .25 miles farther in 1 hour (.40km). I cant wait until I can run all 5k at 6mph. I am getting there. I was not too winded on the sprints I only stopped because I was so sick last week and did not want to push it too much.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you--that's awesome! I love beating old records and pushing on into new goals. I didn't think I'd be able to do it when I first started, but as Jillian says, "don't ever say you can't do something!"

Joe said...

Yea Julie I hear ya! I think I pushed myself a bit too hard. My brain is willing, my body isnt there yet. For now I will just have to take it easier.