Thursday, July 22, 2010

My daily motivation tip: Battle fatigue

Pushing RocksImage by pulsman via Flickr
The battle rages on but I am winning the war!

Personal update:
I am feeling better. Yesterday was probably when I felt most weak of all. When I woke up this morning I felt considerably stronger. I decided that I would at least walk today.

I went and did 30 minutes at about 2.3 pace 0 incline. I did not want to sweat or breathe heavy because it would irritate my lungs. Baby steps I know but in the right direction. I wont weigh myself until probably Monday so that I have a chance to get myself back in the game before I see the damage.

So my tip for today is:
 Persevere

 It is a simple word but holds a great deal of power. Much like a Brit, I say keep a stiff upper lip, trod ahead and damn be the consequences (within reason).  Whenever you face an injury or setback on this journey look at it as a notch in your belt. Because if you push through, on the other side is a powerful tool for the next time you are sick or injured.

Here it is; I made it through much worse last time and I kept going. I will recognize I am ill and I will not push myself. However, I can and will get better and push on. Because rolling over and dying, fat, is not the way I want to go out.

I hope you have a nice day!

You Can Do This!


No comments: