Tuesday, July 06, 2010

My daily motivation tip

Saint Edward High School, Coughlin Field. Used...Image via Wikipedia
Today I was thinking what could I possibly say that would be helpful. I came up with some universal truth that would help to motivate people to keep going. So here it is:

Its ok to set large goals. More importantly set small reasonable goals and achieve them first.

For example, I want to lose 125 pounds by next June. If I focus solely on that goal and then one week my weight went up, I might become discouraged. Instead, I keep that goal in the back of my mind, but then have smaller ones along the way. I have daily goals; I am gonna jog on the treadmill. Then I can break those down into smaller ones, I want to jog for 30 minutes. And then even further; during that jog I want to sprint for 10 times at 6mph or more.

Pretty soon I find that I have attempted all of those small goals and have achieved them or tried really hard to do so. I feel much better and in my mind I know I tried. If I do that then the end result way out in June should fall into place.

Summary: Set small goals that are very achievable and then your bigger goals can all fall into place.

Related articles by Zemanta
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: