Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daily Motivation Tip: Keep Moving

Keep moving,

People often think you have to run a marathon every day to lose weight. Actually the fact is that any movement will help you burn calories. Here is an example: running on my treadmill gets me about 10 calories per minute. Walking in place while waiting for eggs to boil: 9.2 calories per minute. All I was doing was walking in place, not sweating, not breathing hard, just moving. The longer I have the Bodybugg the more I understand that changing little things can in fact help with the weight loss.

If you are in your cubicle waiting for the printout, while not walk in place for 30 seconds. It wont hurt thats for sure. Going to the store, park out 10 spots farther out from the store. The extra distance is like 45 feet. Its cake to walk and will help you burn more. Watching tv? Wiggle your feet for the whole show. Might only burn 50 more calories but its 50 less you need to burn for the day and that is a + for your goal.

Keep moving, dont go epic the first part of this journey. No need to, make small changes along with the big ones of 1 hour per day 5 days a week.

You Can Do This!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm enjoying your blog! I saw your link in a comment on Bob Harper's facebook, and I'm glad I visited. I'm also trying to get fit and lose weight (again, sigh) on my treadmill following a too-long hiatus while waiting for an Achilles tendon injury to heal. My orthopedist gave me the ok to go faster than a walk on June 9, and I've been on my treadmill every day since. So far, I'm down 14 lbs and almost never have to use my asthma inhaler, which I'd been using at least once a day. Good luck to you in your endeavor, and please keep posting! These tips are helpful and inspiring!

Joe said...

Hey Julie!

That is great news about your Achilles tendon getting better. While on this journey its tough to find a reason to get up and move. When we have an injury its even doubly so. I applaud you in the fact that you took the problem, adapted and kept going. Look at Uncle from season 9 Biggest Loser, that guy could barely walk and he still managed to drop serious weight every week. 14 pounds is a real milestone and you should be very proud. Keep going and please keep me posted on your successes and even if its getting tough. I am glad what I am saying is helpful.

Take care,
-Joe

Joe said...

By the way, you posting is a huge incentive for me too! So I am just as happy that you are being inspired because that INSPIRES me a ton!

Thank you!
- Joe